Bibamus, oriendum est.
(Death's unavoidable; let's have a drink)
Otes was born in 1558 to Gibbon and Calyhony on the Isle of Man. It wasn't long before Gibbon, along with many of the MacKe clan moved to Inishmór. After Otes' father saw what ravenous hounds his brother's-sons-John were, Otes was sent away.
Otes would spend much of his growing up on the road. He was placed in service to Dr. Nicholas Mortan (an official of the Papal Court) in England during the Northern Rebellion (1569.) Under Mortan, Otes learned to be a man of letters, and given knowledge of the physician.
Otes was trained with steel and worked as a physicians aid during the revolts and wars.
In 1577, Otes was recruited as a soldier and doctour. He set sail on Drake's ship, the Pelican, along with four other ships to make a trading expedition down the Nile.
The trading expedition turned into a around the world expedition, allowing Otes to experience some of the healing powers herbs and concoctions of the new worlds (South America.) Following Drake's lead, Otes took part of many requisitioning expeditions on Spaniards and other Europeans as well as natives in the new world.
After stopping to make repairs at an island, Cano – off the coast of Southern Mexico, and after a final "refitting" on the nearby town of Guatulco, Otes parted ways with Drake in April of 1579 on a captured ship piloted by a Portuguese pilot.
With pockets lined, a vast knowledge of herbs and concoctions of the new world, and a thirst more adventure, what better place to find it then with his family. Otes found Jock and aided him in his training of medical "professional."
Although Otes uses the Manx styling of McKee, Jock found that Otes was definitely of the McKee breed, Jock entrusted him with the Quack's Guild along with another, and brought him into the School of
Otes has used his past position to place himself in service to several local royals, and he has seen benefit and awards for that service.
I share with my other persona and grand relative Tokí inn bloðauga Magnusson, the following awards, honors, and responsibilities:
Otes MacKe (also known as Tokí inn bloðauga Magnusson (Previously
Toke Magnusson, Previously Hrolfr Magnusson))
• Order of the Red Compan [KoM] 2002.07.13
• Award of the Purple Fret [KoM] 2003.11.15
• Award of the Purple Fret [KoM] 2001.07.14
• Award of Arms [KoM] 1983.07.09
• Award of the Purple Fretty [KoM] 2003.05.03
• Order of the Pyxis [PoN] 1998.09.05
• Order of the Northern Cross [PoN] 2000.08.05
• Order of the IronWatch [PoN] 2002.03.09
• Princess' Cypher [PoN] 2002.10.05
• Prince's Cypher [PoN] 2003.10.04
• Order of the Pisces [BoJ] 2000.11.??
• Protégé of Mistress Cassandra Antonelli
• Princesses' Champion - Elshava bas Riva - 13th reign
• Prince's Thrown Weapons Champion - Leif Gray Fox Haakonson -15th reign
• CoDean of the Quack's Guild
• Journeyman of the School of Tyranny