There seems to be a lot of confusion on this matter, so I figure that I had better explain how things work. The submission process is really quite simple.
A complete name submission (whether for your persona, alternate name, or household name) should include the following:
- Two copies of the Name Submission form (one for Keythong, one for Laurel);
- Two copies of all documentation for your name; and
- A check for $5.00 US made out to "SCA - Northshield College of Heralds"
A complete device or badge submission should include the following:
- Three COLORED copies of the Device Submission form or Badge Submission form (Fieldless Badge form; Lozenge Badge form) -- one for Keythong, two for Laurel. Color copies should be done with color markers (Classic Crayola Markers are best). Color printers and color pencils are not acceptable.
- One BLACK AND WHITE LINE ART copy of the same form (for Keythong). This copy should be a BLACK & WHITE LINE drawing
- Two copies of any documentation for unusual charges (if applicable) and
- A check for $5.00 made out to "SCA - Northshield College of Heralds"
A single check may be written out for multiple items (e.g., name and device on one check, etc.).
Official SCA branches (Shires, Cantons, Baronies, Principalities, etc.) do NOT pay for their group name or device submission but still must enclose the appropriate paperwork. However, they must pay for other submissions (order names, badges, etc.).
Mail all materials to Keythong Herald