Advice for Seneschals and Autocrats
Katriona ni Chonarain
- Site Fees: Please always consider giving a discounted price for young people (under 19), then parents do not have to pay the non member surcharge.
- Minor Youth Waivers: You will need a clipboard of these along with regular waivers for anyone not having a blue membership card. (Click here to download the Minor Youth Waiver form).
- Official youth activities: Two adults have to be present, available and watching. One needs to be a warranted Youth Oficer or Youth Marshal, or someone else who has had a background check by the SCA, Inc.’s vendor.
- Service: As in anything, service from young people should be judged based on previous knowledge of skills and responsibility just the same as any adult. Young people have done security, setup, cleanup, marshaling, autocrating, teaching, monitoring trouble spots, troll, fundraising and many other things. Do always keep the cashbox with an adult. You could pair up young people with adults (especially parents). Do not leave a young person in an isolated spot alone with just one non parent adult; it would be better to have two minors. Wherever possible, allow parents to serve with young people beside them. This could mean a portable playpen next to troll. It could mean extra long term volunteers for you.
- Activities appropriate for all ages: I encourage scavenger hunts, bocce ball, badminton, chess, board games, pig snatching games and other activities which appeal to all ages. Beginning A&S classes are another fablulous activity for all ages.
This site is ©
Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.