Crown Tournament of Tom and Sigrid
Requirements for Combatants and Consorts
Per Northshield law and Corpora, all combatants and consorts must:
· Hold a valid membership on the day of the Royal Lists. Within ten business days after being declared victor in Crown Tourney, the Victor and Consort must present to the Kingdom Seneschal proof that their memberships are current through at least the end of the prospective reign.
· Each competitor in a Royal Lists must be fighting for a prospective consort.
· No one may take part in a Royal Lists, either as a competitor or as a prospective consort, who has any reason to believe that either member of that competing couple will be unable to fulfill the duties of royalty.
· Each must have access to the Northwatch at their place of residence.
· Each must have been a subject of Northshield for one year immediately before the Crown Tournament
· All prospective combatants and their consorts must be acceptable to the Presiding Royalty.
· No one under 18 years old may fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
· No member of the Royalty may either fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament
In addition, and as allowed by Northshield law and tradition, Their Highnesses have the following additional requirements:
· All combatants and consorts must have an AoA or higher award
· No combatant or consort maybe already be a royal peer of any flavor (no Dukes/Duchesses; Count/Countesses;Vicount/Vicountesses)
· Either the combatant or the consort for each couple must have held a reporting office for at least 6 months sometime prior to the tournament.
· Northshield encompasses more than one country and the winners will be rulers in both therefore one member of each couple must have a passport, or United States Passport Card, enhanced driver’s license or other way to travel between the countries.
· No visible modern equipment or clothing.
Letters of Intent to Compete are due by Feb 14th, 2015
· Letters of Intent shall be sent to Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal, and include:
o Full contact information
o Current membership #'s and expiration dates
o Name and contact information of your Chamberlain you plan to use should you win.
· Additionally, Their Highnesses must receive a clear electronic image of arms you will be fighting under, prior to Feb 14th 2015.
· Letters of Intent may be sent via email or postal mail. Addresses for Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal are inside the front cover of the kingdom newsletter and on the kingdom website.
On the day of the tournament, please be prepared to show your membership card, proof of majority and ability to cross the border.
Those found acceptable to fight in this Crown will be placed in a pool tourney (pool tourneys are where each person in the pool of fighters, fights all the other people in that pool once with their weapon of choice).There will be two pools, the top 8 fighters overall from the pool tourney will be placed into a double elimination tourney. Any ties for 8th place in the pools will be handled by putting the tied folks in a round robin till we have a clear victor eliminating the lowest people till we have the 8 we need. Seeding for the pool tourneys will be done by order we receive letters of intent, Seeding for the double elimination portion will be done by random draw after we have our 8 fighters.
Prior to the finals all bouts in the double elimination portion will be 2 out of 3 with the following weapons forms set in each bout.
· First bout single sword (1 handed sword using which ever hand you choose. The other arm is still live so if you lose your sword arm you can switch)
· Second pole arm (6 foot or less)
· Third, if needed, Sword and Shield (and this must be sword no other weapons allowed also shield must be able to be stood over and no wider than you can hug with fingers touching.)
Once we reach the semifinals the losers bracket person will need to win 2 out of 3 twice and the winner one 2 out of 3
Finals will be 3 of 5
· Single sword (1 handed sword using which ever hand you choose. The other arm is still live so if you lose your sword arm you can switch)
· Pole arm (6 foot or less)
· Sword and Shield (and this must be sword no other weapons allowed also shield must be able to be stood over and no wider than you can hug with fingers touching.)
· 6 foot spear (no butt spikes)
· 2 weapon (may be any mix of allowed one handed weapons)
If a combatant does not have all the authorizations needed to use a particular weapon I will supply you with a 12 inch long combat dagger that is stabbing only for your use in that bout.
Tom and Sigrid