Minutes from 12-11-99 - Boar's Head
Stallari Meeting Minutes
December 11, 1999 - Boar's Head, Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
In Attendance:HRM Finn Herjolfsson (Kevin Griggs), King of the Midrealm; HSH Gaylen the Smiling (Ross Kerr), Prince of Northshield; HSH Kelinda Garrett (Jane Ann Kerr), Princess of Northshield; HE Tristan von Eisig (Darren Chermack), Lord Heir of Northshield; HE Eilika von Lutzen (Jennifer Duncan), Lady Heir of Northshield; Mistress Guenievre du Dragon Vert (Jennifer Dark), Seneschal; HL Richard Morgan of Cumberland (Richard Darnell), Polaris Herald; Mistress Elysabet de Warren (Libbet Proudfit), MOAS; Master Ant onio di Casa d'Aqua, called Price (Robert Kearns), interim Exchequer.
Minutes taken by Seneschal's Deputy THL Daria Tate (Susan Tatreaux), and re-formatted by Lady Elaine du Beauchamp (Elizabeth Pemberton), Stallari Council Secretary.
Her Serene Highness Kelinda convened the meeting at 8:30 AM.
I. Her Highness KelindaTopics covered elsewhere.
II. Their Excellencies Tristan and Eilika
- A. Their Stellar Excellencies identified a possible difficulty with a gentle from the Barony of Nordskogen known as "Hook" (Bette Dawn Morrow, Minneapolis, MN). The summary recommendation was that HE Eilika should ask this gentle, in front of witnesses (including Mistress Guenievre), not to wear any codpieces at Nordskogen Twelfth Night in January.
- B. Their Excellencies also inquired after the Northshield seal, which Herr Gevehard von Baden (Garret Bitker, WI) is to manufacture from soapstone. Their Excellencies mentioned that Clare du Saint Denis (Dawn Vukson-Van Beek, Minneapolis, MN) offered to do a die-cast seal more in keeping with Their Excellencies' later-period (future) reign.
- C. Their Excellencies asked about the discussion and opinions being solicited by Viscount Alasdair (Chris Dark, Burnsville, MN) regarding the Constables. It has been determined that the order needs more definition, and that it should probably not be combined with any other award or order, but consensus on specifics was unavailable.
[Mistress Guenievre joined the meeting and called it to order at 9:10 a.m.]
- D. Their Stellar Excellencies mentioned that they would be unable to attend the Althing.
- E. Their Excellencies hope to begin the formal Pennsic planning process in March. They will be conducting an e-poll on Pennsic prior to assigning camp coordinators.
III. MinutesThe minutes of the Stallari council meeting of 11-20-99 in the Shire of Falcon's Keep were approved as submitted.
IV. Great Officers
- Mistress Guenievre briefly brought up the Shire of Rockwall, which is going through a "He said, She said" phase with the group desiring to form a canton.
- Master Antonio (Price) is working on the books and a budget; he needs any financial information no later than 12/31/99 if he is to finish the books prior to tax season.
- Lady Moira MacVey (Mary Kay Roberts, Wauwautosa, WI) and Lady Gweniver Kenwyn of Roseveth (Jennifer McNitt, Minneapolis, MN) have applied for the exchequer position. Her Highness stated that if Lady Moira receives the position, She would prefer no more than a three month period for Lady Moira to transition from her current position as seneschal in Caer Anterth Mawr (to a replacement).
C. Principality Earl Marshal
- Sent a message that there was nothing to report.
E. Minister of Arts and Sciences
- Mistress Libbet reported that The Northstar will to go out to all Northwatch subscribers in an effort to boost future subscriptions. THL Daria mentioned that a Pale ad would be free.
F. Polaris Herald
- Lord Richard mentioned that the Boke of Ceremonies is still open to comments. A copy is to go to Their Excellencies. This book needs to get to Kingdom ASAP.
- The badges for the Crwth and the Hearthstead are on their way through the heraldic acceptance process.
- The Guidestar is being worked on. "Northshield Cross" and "Pole Star" are possible new names.
V. Old Business
- A. Northshield Laws & Statutes - Mistress Guenievre had copies of the newly reformatted laws & statutes for distribution. The operations guide is not done; she will have a nearly-final draft for the next meeting.
[At 9:40 a.m., His Majesty Finn stopped in briefly.]
VI. New Business
- A. Fall Coronet - It was determined that bids for fall coronet should close March 15.
- B. Next Stallari Council Meeting - At Nordskogen 12th Night, January 8, during a Saturday morning brunch.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:50 a.m.
Elaine de Beauchamp
This site is ©
Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.