List of Class Ideas
by Charissa de La Sirra
New ideas that have never been done before are usually the best. Rerun ideas are like watching reruns of movies. However, there are so many requests for what can be done that I thought I would list them. You will be best at teaching what you love, so let this only be a jumpstart to your imagination.
Kit Marik syn
- Mongolian Battle Tactics - Various people presented information on tactics used by the Mongols. Then the group brainstormed how to apply this to a planned snow ball fight coming up with another group.
- Build it in snow - various forts, sculptures are built in snow.
- Felting - starting with making felt balls to more complex projects, making felt is one of those very satisfactory messy processes
- Theater in many forms, Juggling - the stage begs for young people, add storytelling to any youth activity and suddenly it is much better
- Building castles in any form - sugar cubes, paper, sand, clay
- Using the elements - water, in balloon fights, in sailing vessels, in swimming
- Using the elements - earth, mud or playing with clay, shaping anything
- Using the elements - air, flying kites, sailing boats
- Using the elements - fire, I use melted crayons in some of my classes, firing clay
- Sewing, embroidery, all fine arts
- Chainmail, blacksmithing, whittling
- Singing, dancing
- Scavenger hunts, treasure hunts, hide and seek, snatch games
- card games, board games
- baking and cooking, especially anything sweet
- puzzles, mysteries, challenges
- role playing court and court etiquette
- making butter
- use period herbs to make some simple projects like sleep pillows, herbal butters and salts
- use rose petals to make a perfume
- making your favorite period garb for a doll
- doing a doll size period encampment
- dress up - bring garb that is not so valuable so many young people can try it on
This site is ©
Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.