Greetings unto the populace of Northshield. I Toyaoka Katsuoand her Highness Aethelflaed encourage at least one couple from every group inthe kingdom to enter the crown list. If proven worthy you will be selected toparticipate in crown tournament in the Shire of Midewinde.
Those found acceptable to fight in this Crown will be placedin a pool tourney (pool tourneys are where each person in the pool of fighters,fights all the other people in that pool once with their weapon of choice). Therewill be two pools, the top 8 fighters overall from the pool tourney will beplaced into a double elimination tourney. Any ties for 8th place in the poolswill be handled by putting the tied folks in a round robin till we have a clearvictor eliminating the lowest people till we have the 8 we need. Seeding forthe pool tourneys will be done by order we receive letters of intent, Seedingfor the double elimination portion will be done by random draw after we haveour 8 fighters.
Prior to the finals all bouts in the double eliminationportion will be 2 out of 3 with the following weapons forms set in each bout.
First bout singlesword (1 handed sword using which ever hand you choose. The other arm is stilllive so if you lose your sword arm you can switch)
Second pole arm (6 foot or less)
Third, if needed, Sword and Shield (and this must be swordno other weapons allowed also shield must be able to be stood over and no widerthan you can hug with fingers touching.)
Once we reach the semifinals the losers bracket person willneed to win 2 out of 3 twice and the winner one 2 out of 3
Finals will be 3 of 5
Single sword (1handed sword using which ever hand you choose. The other arm is still live soif you lose your sword arm you can switch)
Pole arm (6 foot or less)
Sword and Shield (and this must be sword no other weaponsallowed also shield must be able to be stood over and no wider than you can hugwith fingers touching.)
6 foot spear (no butt spikes)
2 weapon (may be any mix of allowed one handed weapons)
If a combatant does not have all the authorizations neededto use a particular weapon I will supply you with a 12 inch long combat daggerthat is stabbing only for your use in that bout.
Rules of the list include a hand shake at the end of thebout/ bouts to confirm both combatants are satisfied. Marshals will call holdand have the Combatants discuss blows. They will not call blows in less asked.
All prospective combatants and their consorts must meet theminimum criteria in the Governing Documents, as well as the followingrequirements:
· Each must be a member of the Society forCreative Anachronism and have access to the Northwatch.
· Each must have been a subject of Northshield forone year immediately before the Crown Tournament
· All prospective combatants and their consortsmust be acceptable to the Presiding Royalty.
· No one under 18 years old may fight or be foughtfor in a Crown Tournament.
· No member of the Royalty may either fight or befought for in a Crown Tournament.
· One member of the couple must also affirm thatthey can and will maintain the ability to legally cross the U.S./Canadianinternational border for the duration of their reign, should they be victoriousto ensure that they are free to travel to all parts of the Kingdom.
In addition, and as allowed by Northshield law andtradition, Their Highnesses have the following additional requirements:
· All combatants and consorts must have an AoA orhigher award
· Either the combatant or the consort for eachcouple must have held a reporting office for at least 6 months sometime priorto the tournament.
· No visible modern equipment or clothing.
Letters of Intent need to include:
· Full Contact Information
· Current membership numbers and expiration dates
· Name and contact information of your Chamberlain
· A clear electronic image of arms you will befighting under
Please send letters of intent to Their Highnesses and theKingdom Seneschal by Fall Coronation Sept 12, 2015