Once again we are pleased to present Fighting in the Shade, our winter melee fighting event.FitS is an event that provides an opportunity for fighters to work on their melee skills during the long winter months, in preparation for Gulf Wars and the war season to come. As part of this, we include an emphasis on combat archery. One of our goals is to help combat archers and other fighters to train and fight together, learning tools and skills to help combat archers and other fighters work together and make the Northshield Army more effective.
This year we will again start out with drills for both combat archers and other fighters, to learn some tools each can use in working with the other. Then we'll have an afternoon of melee to use those tools in the heat of battle.Site:
* All food must be consumed offsite, maps to local restaurants will be provided at Gate.
UW Madison Stock Pavilion
1675 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Important Site Information:
This site is an animal use facility run by the University of Wisconsin. We must follow their regulations for use of this facility, including the following:
- No food or drink is allowed inside the building.
- Participants must wash hands before exiting facility.
- The UW strongly discourages children under 5 using the facility.
- Both SCA and UW waivers will have to be signed by all attendees. (UW waivers can be found here.)
- Animals are generally not allowed; service dogs will need to get special clearance from the UW.*
* Please contact the Event Steward if this is a concern for you.
Free! (Donations gladly accepted)
8:30 Site Opens
9:00 - 11:30 Inspections and Pick-ups
10:00 - 11:30 Authorizations and Drills
11:30 - 1:00 Break for Lunch *
1:00 - 5:00 Melees
6:00 Site Closes