Per Northshield law and Corpora:
- * All combatants and consorts must hold a valid membership on the day of the Royal Lists.
Within ten business days after being declared victor in a Crown or Coronet Tourney, the
Victor and Consort must present to the Kingdom Seneschal proof that their memberships
are current through at least the end of the prospective reign.
- * Each competitor in the Royal Lists must be fighting for a prospective consort of the
- * No one may take part in a Royal Lists, either as a competitor or as a prospective consort,
who has any reason to believe that either member of that competing couple will be
unable to fulfill the duties of royalty.
- * Each competitor and prospective consort must have access to the appropriate corporate
newsletter at their place of residence. With the transition to electronic publishing, competitors
and consorts will work with the Kingdom Seneschal in advance of the tournament to verify the
presence of at least one sustaining member at each residence.
- * Each competitor and prospective consort must have read Corpora of the Society for
Creative Anachronism and the laws of the Kingdom of Northshield.
- * Each must have been a subject of Northshield for one year immediately before the Crown
Tournament and be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of participation in diverse
activities in Northshield during that period.
- * All prospective combatants and their consorts must be acceptable to the Presiding
- * No one under 18 years old may fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
- * No member of the Royalty may either fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
In addition, and as allowed by Northshield law and tradition, Their Highnesses have the following additional requirements:
- * All combatants and consorts must have an AoA or higher award.
- * Either the combatant or the consort must have a completed art or science for display on the day of the Tournament.
Letters of Intent to Compete
- Letters of Intent should be sent to Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal, and include: full contact information, membership numbers and membership expiration date. All letters of intent must be received by 12pm (noon) on the day of Fall Coronation (September 8,2012).
- Letters of Intent may be delivered in person, sent via email or postal mail. Addresses for Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal are inside the front cover of this newsletter. If you plan on sending your Letter of Intent via postal mail, please have it postmarked by no later than Monday September 3, 2012 to allow for delivery time to be considered.
- On the day of the tournament, please be prepared to show your membership card to the
- The format for Fall Crown will be a round robin, there will be two pools and the top four from each pool will advance. The final Eight then will then compete in a standard double elimination tournament. Weapon styles for both the round robin and standard double elimination are great weapon, two weapon (if you want you can use two great swords, but you can only use them single handed, any weapon combination is acceptable), and weapon and shield. No Weapons over 6ft. There is no order to what you bring out, you do not have to match styles or confirm with your opponent, but you cannot repeat a form in your bout.
- If you plan on fighting in Fall Crown Tournament, Her Highness would like to meet you before Fall Coronation if at all possible. The Combatants and Consorts are welcome present themselves at an event that works with their schedules. Please contact the Chamberlain to set up a time.