Fall Crown Requirements
Greetings to the Populace of Northshield,
Since we have some unusual requirements for our Crown we are publishing them early. Please contact us with any questions,
Prince Vladimir and Princess Petranella
From the Northwatch:
Per Northshield law and Corpora, all combatants and consorts must:
• Hold a valid membership on the day of the Royal Lists. Within ten business days after being declared victor in a Crown or Coronet Tourney, the Victor and Consort must present to the Kingdom Seneschal proof that
their memberships are current through at least the end of the prospective reign.
• Each competitor in a Royal Lists must be fighting for a prospective consort.
• No one may take part in a Royal Lists, either as a competitor or as a prospective consort, who has any reason to believe that either member of that competing couple will be unable to fulfill the duties of royalty.
• Each must have access to the Northwatch at their place of residence.
• Each must have been a subject of Northshield for one year immediately before the Crown Tournament.
• All prospective combatants and their consorts must be acceptable to the Presiding Royalty.
• No one under 18 years old may fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
• No member of the Royalty may either fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
In addition, and as allowed by Northshield law and tradition, Their Highnesses have the following additional requirements:
• All combatants and consorts must have an AoA or higher award.
• Either the combatant or consort must have held an office for at least 6 months
• Northshield encompasses more than one country and the winners will be rulers in both therefore one member of each couple must have a passport, or United States Passport Card, enhanced driver’s license or other way to travel between the countries.
• No visible modern equipment or clothing.
Letters of Intent to Compete are due by Sept 1, 2014
Letters of Intent shall be sent to Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal, and include:
• Full contact information
• Current membership #'s and expiration dates
Additionally, Their Highnesses must receive a clear electronic image of arms you will be fighting under, prior to Sept 1.
Letters of Intent may be sent via email or postal mail.
Addresses for Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal are available on the Northshield website or in the Northwatch.
On the day of the tournament, please be prepared to show your membership card, proof of majority and ability to cross the border.
Due to site restrictions the tournament will be held outside.
Precedence for tourney determined by fighting awards only (royal peerages, by your own hand, count as fighting awards.)
Best 2 of 3 (Lower precedence chooses, higher precedence chooses. lower precedence chooses)
No repeats of styles.
Allowed styles (no weapons over 6’):
- Bastard sword (less than 5’)
- Great sword (5’ and over)
Vladimir II and Petranella II
Their Royal Highnesses
This site is ©
Kingdom of Northshield. Original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.